$625 for MBAKS, Built Green & NW EcoBuilding Guild members
$725 for nonmembers
More and more homeowners are concerned about how healthy their homes are. Shouldn't you be accommodating them?
This eight-week course is built for construction, design, and housing professionals to incorporate healthy and sustainable techniques into residential construction and remodels. Take extensive, in-depth information and resources and apply them to daily practices!
Classes are taught by national and regional field experts. Learn healthy construction techniques, visit a model healthy home, take a field trip to learn from examples in the field, and gain a greater understanding of building science and indoor air quality benefits to best meet customers’ needs.
- Feb. 21: Health Impacts; Design Considerations
- Feb. 28: Building Science & Energy Efficiency
- Mar. 7: Indoor Air Quality: Moisture and Mold Implications
- Mar. 14: Dust; Filtration & Ventilation
- Mar. 21: Health & Light; Health & Noise
- Mar. 28: Materials & Toxicity; Materials Selection–Past, Present & Future
- Mar. 30: Site visit
- Apr. 4: Overview of Healthy Home Rating Systems; Quality Assurance; Integrated Pest Management
- Apr. 11: Owner Maintenance & Impact of Clutter; Writing Healthy Home Specification; Panel Discussion
Class meets Thursdays, 4–7 p.m.; site visit time TBD
In partnership with
Questions? Contact our education team, 425.460.8231.